Are you suffering from consistent bad breath?
No need to be embarrassed by your halitosis, it is easily treatable under the care of a trusted dentist. Bad breath can cause patients to feel less confident in their smile and often leads to feelings of embarrassment. However, Dr. Melvin Benson and Dr. Jacob Dunham offer a full range of cosmetic, restorative, and general dentistry treatments to help patients in need. If you are experiencing continuous bad breath that can’t be solved with regular brushing, you may have underlying dental issues. Dr. Benson and Dr. Dunham have years of experience analyzing, examining, and treating patients with a wide range of dental concerns. At Integrated Dental Arts in Greeley, CO, we strive to provide each of our patients with complete, comprehensive dental care.
What is Halitosis?
Halitosis refers to refers bad breath that can be caused by a number of different factors. At Integrated Dental Arts, we understand that not knowing the reason behind bad breath can be frustrating, which is why we have compiled a list to help patients better understand halitosis and how to treat it.
Halitosis can be caused by:
- Dry Mouth is a common reason for bad breath. When the mouth doesn’t produce the necessary amount of saliva, it creates bacteria that can cause bad breath.It is imperative that patients stay hydrated.
- Bad Oral Hygiene: Not practicing good oral hygiene can result in food particles turning into plaque and tooth decay, causing bad breath.
- Illness: Certain infection can cause patients to have bad breath. It is important to visit the doctor if you believe your bad breath might be caused my illness.
- Complex Dental Problems: Complex dental issues like gum disease and tooth decay can cause bad breath. It is important to visit Dr. Benson and Dr. Dunham so that they can thoroughly examine your mouth, teeth, and gums for any signs of dysfunction.
Treatment for Halitosis
There are treatments that can help combat of your bad breath. Greeley dentist Dr. Benson and Dr. Dunham can assist in determining which course of action is right for you.
- Regularly visiting general dentists Dr. Benson and Dr. Dunham can help combat halitosis. During your visit, Dr. Benson and Dr. Dunham can find the root of the problem and develop a treatment that is right for you.
- Food particles, debris, and bacteria accumulate in the mouth throughout the day. Following a proper oral hygiene routine will help eliminate harmful germs and keep your breath fresh through the day.
- Many people don’t incorporate cleaning their tongue during their oral hygiene routine. Bacteria can stick to the tongue causing bad breath. Make sure you probably brush your tongue during your regular brushing and flossing routine.
- Drink the recommended amount of water. Keeping your mouth moisturized can help with the effects of dry mouth.
- Stop smoking. Smoking makes increase your risk of developing gum disease and other dental issues.
- Keep track of the medications you are taking and see if any of the side effects include dry mouth. Dry mouth means the mouth isn’t producing the right amount of saliva needed to keep your mouth healthy.
Schedule An Appointment
If you are looking for dentists that are dedicated to your oral health, visit Integrated Dental Arts. Dr. Benson and Dr. Dunham will work with you to help restore the health of your smile. You can schedule an appointment online or call 970.281.5972