Integrated Dental by Espire in Greeley, CO is a family dental practice. We see children beginning at around age 3 and offer the wide range of cosmetic, restorative, and general dentistry services a growing family needs to keep everyone smiling. Family dentistry can alleviate the anxiety young patients often experience when they visit the dentist by enabling them to be treated alongside their parent or caregiver. When you only need to drive to one location for everyone’s dentist appointment, this will save you time. We understand the busy lives of modern families and offer evening appointments every Tuesday.
Children’s Dental Services
- Preventive care: At your little one’s appointment, Dr. Rinker may ask for digital x-rays so he can make a detailed examination of the teeth and jaw. We will also gently clean your child’s teeth and take the opportunity to work on brushing and flossing skills.
- Sealants: This thin layer of protective plastic covers the biting surface of the back teeth and prevents particles of sugar and food, plaque, and bacteria from becoming lodged directly on the tooth. We recommend placing sealants on the “6-year-old molars” and the “12-year-old molars”.
- Fluoride varnish: Fluoride is a proven treatment for remineralizing tooth enamel in places where acid-producing bacteria have caused minor damage. It will be gently brushed on your child’s teeth at each appointment. There is no pain associated with this treatment.
- Custom sports mouthguards: The best way to keep your child’s (or your own) teeth safe during contact sports and avoid emergency dental situations is with a custom-fit mouth guard. These are custom-made from impressions so they fit perfectly. They can also be used to protect orthodontic appliances.
Establishing healthy oral habits early can lay the foundation for maintaining lifelong dental health and good quality of life.
Preventive Dental Care: What to Expect
Unlike many dentists who tend to rush through an examination, our dental care team takes time during checkups to get to know you. In fact, we schedule a full hour for new patient exams so that he can make a thorough assessment of your oral health. Our dental team uses diagnostic tools such as digital x-rays and intra-oral cameras to check for the following issues:
- Presence of tooth decay.
- Presence of gum disease or gingivitis.
- The spacing and alignment of your teeth.
- Occlusion, or bite. The way that your top and bottom dental arches come together.
- Old dental work that no longer adequately protects the tooth.
- Proper function of the TMJ.
- Oral cancer screening.
As a team, we take time to understand the oral health needs and concerns of all patients, regardless of their age. To this end, our experienced dental hygiene staff takes the time needed to educate each patient about his or her unique oral health needs. When patients have the opportunity to refine their brushing and flossing skills, learn about the mouth-body connection, and understand how lifestyle choices can greatly impact the health of their teeth and gums, they feel empowered to be more active participants in maintaining good oral health.