Even if you take consistent care of your teeth, accidents and emergencies can still happen. If you are experiencing a dental emergency, please call our office immediately at (970) 673-4288. We will get you into the office and out of pain as soon as possible. We can also discuss what kind of follow-up care you may need and schedule a follow-up appointment. Lastly, emergency dental is a general dentistry service that we provide.
Common Dental Emergencies
- Severe toothache: Try rinsing your mouth with warm water or flossing to remove any lodged food. If you have swelling, a cold compress may be applied to the outside of the mouth or cheek. Do not put painkillers directly against the gums or aching tooth as they may burn the gum tissue.
- Broken tooth: Rinse the mouth with warm water and apply ice if there is swelling or pain associated with the broken tooth.
- Knocked a tooth loose: Our team will make treatment recommendations based upon the severity of the injury. The best thing you can do is try to make sure the tooth does not fall out. If the tooth remains in the socket, then the chances of saving it are higher.
- Knocked a tooth out completely: If possible, retrieve the tooth, holding it by the crown (the part that is usually exposed in the mouth). If it is dirty, lightly rinse in water, but do not scrub or remove attached tissue fragments. Store tooth in your own saliva or milk. Knocked out teeth have the highest survival rate if they are returned to the socket with in one hour of being knocked out. If you are able, we highly recommend placing the gently rinsed tooth back in the socket.
- Lost dental filling, crown, or bridge: Do not use temporary measures to replace the dental filling or re-glue the crown or bridge. You may take an over-the-counter pain reliever to ease discomfort.
- Soft tissue cut: A hard blow to the face can cause lacerations to the soft tissues in the mouth. We recommend cleaning out the wound with water and using a cold compress to stop the bleeding. If you are unable to control the bleeding, we recommend visiting an emergency room.
In the case of a dental emergency, the sooner you see a dentist, the better chance you have of making a full recovery. If a full recovery is unlikely, we can recommend restorative and preventive measures that can put you on the road to optimal oral health.
Integrated Dental by Espire offers same day dental restorations with E4D technology in our Greeley dentist office. With E4D, one of our experience doctors can design, create and place high quality ceramic dental crowns, porcelain veneers and fillings while you wait. E4D uses digital impressions to create custom fit restorations that will have you smiling in ONE visit.
Benefits of Same Day Dentistry:
- Highly predictable results – digital software allows for precise treatment planning
- Only one office visit needed – saving you time and money
- Natural looking results – porcelain or composite make for a virtually indistinguishable result
- More comfortable treatment – no messy impression trays or uncomfortable temporaries